Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Southward Bound!

Stopped into Bear's Den Hostel in VA for a soda and a break. The heat has been a bit over the top the last day or so but it should be cooling off next week or at least I hope so. Froze my tail off on Katahdin a week ago and wished for warmer weather. Should have specified not quite this warm! Finally made it into the triple digits of mileage left to go! 987.3 to be exact. Should be into Shenandoah National Park tomorrow and it looks like smooth walking for a while. It's been a bit quite on the trail so far. Nice after the crowds going north but I do miss the friends I've made. Haven't met another through hiker yet but I sure a bump into someone soon. Hope everyone is well and I'll update soon.

2 comments:

  1. You totally ROCK AJ! I was mesmerized and had to read every one of them. I'm looking forward to more so please keep posting! The pictures were great also.... I miss the mountains. Now I can live vicariously through your adventures! :)

    Safe travels my friend and hopefully I will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete