Friday, September 3, 2010

On to the Shenandoah's

Well a quick stop into Front Royal, VA for some food and supplies before I head south into the Shenandoah National Park. Should be and interesting yet crowded time. It's all good though... day hikers equal food! They always seem willing to share for a few stories about the trail. Maybe that makes me a mooch but at least I'll be a well fed mooch. Stopped through Linden, VA yesterday for a soda and snack after hiking in 94 degree heat and ended up having a lovely afternoon hanging out at The Giving Tree". It's a produce stand/art gallery. Lots of local crafts/art and some really nice folks own it. I consumed while there cantaloupe, sweet corn, apples, and a few beers.  Brittany showed me some sweet southern hospitality. Nice to walk into a place and feel instantly at  home. Time to wander again. Miss everyone and more updates soon.

2 comments:

  1. Following along on my map. Wishing cooler weather for you but the walking is probably easier. Looking back at our time in the Shenandoah. Major fun and major pretty. I hope this trip goes equally well.
    Peace be with you, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man, it was great meeting you. You definitely have some amazing stories. Good luck with the rest of your travels.

    ReplyDelete