Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Getting ready for the Whites.

Well, I've made it though 700 + miles without any permanent damage to mind, body, or soul. Done with the Green mountains and will be into New Hampshire tomorrow. Looking forward to the cooler weather and some great climbs. Vistas everywhere is what I here from all the south bounders. I've finally met a few in the last couple of days. It's good to know that I will not be doing the second half of the trail by myself! Vermont has been a wonderful hike. Now onto the hardest, according to some, section of the trail. Weather is so changeable that you can get snow pretty much any month of the year.  As of Thursday I will have been on the trail for two months. It is crazy to realize how far I've come and a bit daunting to think of with is still to come. Mostly this is an amazing time and thanks to all of you for the support! Back to the trail to make some more miles before dark.
P.S.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRUMPY!!!!!! Wish you could be here hiking with me. Love ya.

2 comments:

  1. Thanx 4 Grn. Mtn. wishes. Wonder why a bit of mist affects my eyes!! Outstanding pix create much envy. - Grumpy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aj- I love the pictures you are posting! I tried to submit a sponsor pledge but it refused me :) Just making sure you know its not working on your blog correctly....keep walking and posting! (from Amy)

    ReplyDelete