Tuesday, August 17, 2010

100 mile wilderness here I come!!!!

 Smoke Stack and I rocking the pink loaner pants while we do laundry!


Short stop in Monson for the night last night. Onward into the hundred miles wilderness today and Katahdin within the week. Lovely evening here at the Lake Shore House. The pub downstairs was closed but the owner, Rebekah, made dinner for all of the hikers here. This is the last rest stop for a lot of the north bounder's  so it was a bit of a goodbye party as well. Got all my laundry done and now I'm off.  I'll update again after I summit and make it back to D.C.. Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi apple juice!

    Great pictures and a lifetime of wonderful memories. I noticed you are looking "hairy" (LOL). Please be careful as you continue your adventure. I miss seeing you and am glad to keep in contact this way. God Bless and enjoy the summit. Hugs, Pat O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the moose antler in the background. We have a shortage of those in Florida.

    Walk well. Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have probably bored most of my friends by extolling the tremendous qualities of my peripatetic grandson. Now you've outone yourself by sending the burlap bag of Maine balsam fir tips. It is exactly what I desired and I thank you very much, Grumpy... Please continue safely with love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so good to see you guys! love the pink pants. looking forward to sept. 8 in carratunk and hearing the details of your whole trip! this IS a trip! be well.

    peace and love,
    bluevee

    ReplyDelete